695 PA-487 Benton, PA 17814
Have I Photographed Here?
About Ricketts Glen State Park
It’s about a 90-minute drive from the Lehigh Valley and well worth the trip. If you are a nature lover, then this location is definitely for you. There are 22 waterfalls at Ricketts Glen State Park. You heard that right, TWENTY-TWO! When you are hiking through the trails it feels like you are in some other world from Lord of the Rings. I highly recommend this location if you are outdoorsy, love hiking, and are looking for something a little different for your engagement pictures. There just is not a location like this in the Lehigh Valley and your pictures will stand out for sure!
Here are some tips for having your pictures taken at Ricketts Glen State Park
- Unfortunately, this is not a location for anyone with mobility issues.
- The best time to take pictures here are in the couple hours before sunset.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes for hiking because there are elevation changes and some rock scrambling.
- Bring water.
- Bring bug spray.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Bring a backpack so that you can have your photography shoes in them along with your other supplies.
- It is possible to get wet near the water so bring extra socks and wear something that you don’t mind getting wet.